The Heart of Sound
The Heart of Sound is a completely customizable workshop available to a wide variety of audiences including musicians, yoga practitioners, teachers, healers, and anyone looking to reconnect with their art and bodies through sound.
For Musicians & Music Students
Workshops include practices to develop an expanded ear, movement for greater mobility, toning exercises, and other relaxation-based techniques to develop both solo and ensemble communication and address issues of creative output and performance anxiety.
At the instrument, Meg can help facilitate a deeper connection between body and instrument, address issues of tension and other barriers of expression. Learning to accept your inner critic is a primary focus of these masterclasses.
The Heart of Sound is available to all audiences ranging from community music schools to conservatory and university settings, as well as conferences, and is available in hourly, full-day, and three-day residency packages.
Workshop presentations include institutions such as Arizona State University, Berklee College of Music, Bowling Green State University, Eastman School of Music, Massachusetts Music Educators Association Conference, Phoenix Music Educators Conference, New York University, University of Cuenca, University of Hawaii, University of Massachusetts Lowell, International Expressive Arts Therapy Conference Hong Kong, Steinway of Boston, and Steinway of Phoenix.
What else does The Heart of Sound have to offer?
Are you interested in how sound can positively affect life, health, communication and productivity? Meg offers introductory courses and masterclasses in sound healing and intuitive practice. Available in hourly or full-weekend courses, this intensive workshop will give you the tools for mindfulness through sound and ways to integrate sound into your yoga practice and daily life. Using your voice as a vehicle for self-expression is a primary focus.
For Teachers, Healers & Therapists
- Do you need tools for self care?
- Would you like to connect with the source?
- Have you lost interest in your practice?
- Do you need an energy boost?
- Looking for ways to infuse creativity into your practice?
- Yearning for greater communication skills?
For Yoga Practitioners
- Would you like a greater connection to your body and awareness when you practice?
- Are you feeling stuck somewhere in your practice?
- Would like more fluidity and flexibility in your body?
- Would you like greater concentration and ability to focus on the mat?
- Would like to learn how to settle your mind and connect to higher vibration?
- Interested in developing your child's connection with music, and show them how they can create beautiful music together?
- Your children will learn how to communicate effectively with each other through creative music making.
- We will play games using rhythm, melody, singing, and dancing, to connect with sound.
For Adults Looking to Reconnect with Music
- Did you have a connection with music when you were young, but then lost it along way?
- Have you told yourself, "I can't sing, I can't play, I am too old, not good enough," and the myriad of other stories we tell ourselves?
- Are you currently playing your instrument, but would like to get more of it?
- Have you known you would like to do something musical, but you are not sure how or what?
- Do you have tension that prevents you from playing?
- Are you scared to take the first step towards music making?
For more workshop information, booking, and all other inquiries, please contact Meg.