- Conservatory/College Music School/Community Music School Visits
- Two Hours, Full Day, Three Day Residency
Workshops include relaxation techniques for musicians, practices to develop an expanded ear, movement for greater mobility and relaxation, toning, use of tuning forks, bowls, learning how to communicate more effectively in an ensemble, meditation. practices to develop the creative ability, help with performance anxiety, and more.
Meg has presented Heart of Sound workshops at:
- Arizona State University
- Berklee College of Music
- Bowling Green State University
- Eastman School of Music (University of Rochester)
- Massachusetts Music Educators Conference
- Phoenix Music Educators
- New York University
- University of Cuenca
- University of Hawaii
- University of Massachusetts Lowell
- International Expressive Arts Therapy Conference-Hong Kong
- Steinway of Boston and Phoenix
Working with musicians at their instruments, Meg helps facilitate greater awareness and connection to the instrument, encourages the release of tension, and gives techniques for tapping into the heart of creative expression.
- Feel free, fluid and natural when you play
- Express your good ideas fluently
- Learn to work with and accept your inner critic
- Learn to practice with openness, curiosity, and consistency
- Communicate better with your ensemble/band mates?
- Sing and compose as you've always wanted to
For teachers, healers, practitioners and corporations
Are you interested in how sound can positively affect life, health, communication and productivity?
- Introductory Course
- Two hours
Introduction to The Heart of Sound
An overview of sound and vibrational healing which includes work with tuning forks, bowls, toning, singing, movement, meditation, the biology of hearing, and more
Three Day Weekend Workshops
In this intensive workshop you will be given tools for a daily sound practice and ways to integrate sound into your yoga practice and daily life.
What will you learn to do?
- Open new ways to listen and process information through sound and awareness
- Bring life to areas of the body/mind that have been stuck or are in need of release
- Use your voice for self expression and healing
- Balance the Chakras with Sound
For Yoga Practitioners
- Would you like a greater connection to your body and awareness when you practice?
- Are you feeling stuck somewhere in your practice?
- Would like more fluidity and flexibility in your body?
- Would you like greater concentration and ability to focus on the mat?
- Would like to learn how to settle your mind and connect to higher vibration?
For teachers, healers and therapists
- Do you need tools for self care?
- Would you like to connect with the source?
- Have you lost interest in your practice?
- Do you need an energy boost?
- Looking for ways to infuse creativity into your practice?
- Yearning for greater communication skills?
For adults who want to reconnect with music
- Did you have a connection with music when you were young, but then lost it along way?
- Have you told yourself, "I can't sing, I can't play, I am too old, not good enough," and the myriad of other stories we tell ourselves?
- Are you currently playing your instrument, but would like to get more of it?
- Have you known you would like to do something musical, but you are not sure how or what?
- Do you have tension that prevents you from playing?
- Are you scared to take the first step towards music making?
- Interested in developing your child's connection with music, and show them how they can create beautiful music together?
- In this workshop, they will learn how to communicate effectively with each other through creative music making.
- We will play games using rhythm, melody, singing, and dancing, to connect with sound.
For more workshop information, booking, and all other inquiries, please feel welcome to contact Meg.